POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Text Question : Re: Text Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text Question
From: Tom Melly
Date: 19 Sep 2000 12:15:25
Message: <39c7911d@news.povray.org>
"Tyler Eaves" <tyl### [at] tylereavescom> wrote in message
> Is there any way to make Text objects be rounded instead of flat?

Pick a rounder font? Oh, you mean the front/edges/whatever... Hmm, well if
you use megapov, you could use trace to place blobs appropriately. I think
there have been some examples of this in binaries.images.

My entry in the ocean irtc (tmstormc) used a similiar approach to lay the
gold rim around the top of the cup.

You could also try creating an intersection of a blob and a letter, with the
blob wider but shallower than the letter (ie. the face of the letter should
stick up out of the blob, but be entirely surrounded by blob).